This baked brussel sprouts recipe is full of vitamins and aroma. Brussel sprouts are full of vitamins and flavour, not only in winter. Our recipe for roasted brussel sprouts with marple syrup and bacon is quickly made in the oven. Treat yourself and your loved ones!
Oven roasted brussel sprouts?
This dish with brussel sprouts is rich in flavours and offers a taste explosion – the salty bacon accompanies the fresh crispness of the asparagus, which is completed with the sweet fruitiness of the syrup.
How to serve brussel sprouts?
You can cook brussel sprouts, fry them, steam them, purée them or bake them in the oven. But only when baked, the roasting notes unfold and give the green winter vegetables a hearty flavour.
Brussel sprouts from the oven are a great main course and stand-alone dish. The bacon and honey make it very tasty, which is why it is not a perfect side dish. It likes the spotlight just too much.
However, if you would like to serve it as a side dish, you can serve our sweet and salty oven vegetables with the following foods.
Make sure to prepare them as pure and subtly as possible:
- Filet of fish
- Steamed chicken breast
- Boiled rice
- Bean salad
Winter treat: Roasted brussel sprouts with bacon
This vegetable oven dish with brussel sprouts and nuts is quick and easy. It is a perfect winter dish and ideal for dinner or lunch.
- 500 g brussel sprouts
- 350 g asparagus
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 6 stripes of bacon
- 100 g dried cranberries or
- 150 g fresh cranberries
- A handful of candied or fresh pecan nuts
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C / 400 ° F
- Slice brussel sprouts into half.
- Place them loosely on a large baking sheet.
- Slice asparagus in slices or pieces and place onto the baking sheet among the brussel sprouts.
- Fry the bacon slices in a frying pan and keep bacon grease. Add 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey and mix.
- Cut bacon into little bits and sprinkle the bacon onto brussel sprouts & asparagus.
- Coat everything with the bacon grease - maple honey mixture.
- FInally sprinkle the cranberries and pecans onto the sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan in oven and cook for 12-13 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Baking time is calculated for the brussel sprouts to be still crunchy. If you like the burssel sprouts really soft, bake for 20 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23.24 g||35.8%|
|Saturated Fat 6.36 g||31.8%|
|Trans Fat 0.06 g|
|Cholesterol 28.71 mg||9.6%|
|Sodium 323.67 mg||13.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.99 g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.42 g||41.7%|
|Sugars 28.92 g|
|Protein 12.46 g|
|Vitamin A 9.65 %||Vitamin C 129.18 %|
|Calcium 9.63 %||Iron 23.43 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.