Bircher Muesli makes a great start to the day. This overnight recipe is suitable for apple lovers. It can also be made all year. You only need to add oats and nuts, milk, and an apple. You can create your own variations by adding fruits, seeds, or nuts. Check out our recipe for Bircher oatmeal.
The history of famous Bircher Muesli
Thanks to the Swiss doctor Maximilian Bircher-Benner, we have this wonderful muesli variety. He was first served muesli in an alpine hut and then developed it further into a dietary dish for his patients.
Healthy Overnight Bircher Muesli
- 60 g oats
- 100 ml apple juice
- 1 apple
- 25 ml dried cranberries/raisins
- 500 ml milk
- ½ lemon
- 25 g pistachios/almonds
- Honey or Agave Nectar to taste
- To moisten the oats, pour the apple juice and milk into a bowl. Wrap the bowl in cling wrap, and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Core the apple just before you serve it. Then, coarsely grate it. Combine the apple and cranberries/raisins in a bowl.
- You can add more milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve in small bowls, topped with nuts, and drizzled with honey.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Susanne Queck, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.