This white meringue recipe stars crunchy meringue, fruity strawberries and rich chocoloate. It is so easy to prepare and so amazing in taste! Impress your guests and family with this little sweet strawberry dessert.
How to make meringue
Meringue, French: “Baiser”, basically consists of whisked egg whites, which are brought to stiffness and should have a yummy, glossy shine. The process of whisking adds thousands of little air bubbles into the egg white and makes it having a firm texutre. Adding caster sugar gives this sweetness, we all love so much about it.
Amazing Strawberry and Chocolate Meringue Dessert
- Baking trays
- Baking paper
- Mixing bowl
- Hand blender
- 3 egg whites at room temperature
- 175 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 450 ml double cream
- 2 tblsp icing sugar
- 350 g fresh strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 140° C (275°F) (Gas Mark 1)
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. On the baking paper, draw three rectangles measuring 10x25cm. Two rectangles can be placed on one baking tray.
- Mix the egg whites with a whisk until they reach the soft peak stage. Continue to mix the caster sugar until it becomes stiff and glossy.
- Now mix in the vinegar and cornflour. Continue to whisk for another couple of minutes. If the bowl is upside down, the mixture should hold its shape.
- Make an icing bag using a large star-nozzle and fill it with the meringue mixture. Pipe the lines using your template on the baking paper, until all three rectangles are completely filled.
- Bake for one hour in the oven. Turn off the heat and let the meringues cool in the oven. Once your meringues have cooled, melt the chocolate. Spread it on 2 meringue layers. Make sure to reach the edge. Allow to set in the refrigerator for approximately 10 minutes or until you need it.
- Just before serving, whip the double cream with some icing Sugar and chop your strawberries. Spread one piece of chocolate meringue onto a serving platter. Top it with one-third of the cream.
- Spread the second chocolate meringue over the top. Place the third meringue on top of the cream.
- Place the whole strawberries on top. Drizzle over any chocolate left.
Image credits: Unless otherwise stated: ©Susanne Queck, ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com or ©Unsplash.com. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called commission links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission from your purchase. This income helps us to run this website and to provide our recipes free of charge. The price does not change for you.