These little energy boosters are made in a breeze. They are healthy and perfect to carry with you to school, university or the office. They are also great as a quick snack between meals on a hectic day at home.
Vegan energy balls
You can easily make our recipe vegan and replace the honey completely with maple syrup.
Dried fruit, Nuts & Chia Energy Balls
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup unshelled pistachios
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup currants
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups instant oats
- Add dates, cranberries and pistachios to a food processor. Roughly chop. Add salt, maple syrup and honey and mix well.
- Mix in the chia seeds, currants and brown sugar, as well as the oats and mix very well with a sturdy spoon or with your hands.
- Place the bowl in your fridge for about an hour to firm up the mixture. This will make rolling the nut mix into balls much easier.
- Roll into 1” balls and store in an airtight container in a cool area or in the fridge.